Calling all avid PBA fans or those who just want to see real hard court action! The PBA All Filipino Cup 2014 is coming to CDO on November 22, 2014 at the Xavier University Gym.
The game between Alaska Aces and Globalport Batang Pier in Cagayan de Oro is made possible by Buffalo Promotions, presented by Mayor Oscar Moreno, the City Government of Cagayan de Oro, and the Boy Scouts of the Philippines Cagayan de Oro Council. Game will start at 1:00PM.
Tickets are available at Centrio Mall Bridgeway (Groundfloor), Buffalo Resto Grill (Velez Street), DBA Traders (198 Corrales Avenue), Custrich in Divisoria, Dunkin Donuts, and Ororama.
- Upper Box – Php400
- Lower Box – Php800
- Patron – Php1,200
- Courtside – Php2,000
On Friday (Nov. 21), First 30 ticketholders to fall in line at Centrio Mall bridgeway (Near J.Co) will have photo opportunity with the Alaska Aces players. Visit Buffalo Promotions FB Page for more information and updates.
BonChon – a South-Korean based restaurant is finally here in Cagayan de Oro! (yay! who’s excited! – we know we are!) Bonchon which means “My Hometown” in korean opened in 2002 in Busan, Korea. It began making waves in the global arena in 2007 as it entered the US market, captivating the discerning palates of the citizens of New York, San Francisco, Boston, Virginia, and New Jersey.
Filipinos being known to be among those people around the world who loves chicken (fried, grilled, adobo etc.) no doubt loved BonChon when it finally came to the Philippines. BonChon now have over 80 branches Nationwide and adding to their chain of stores here in the Mindanao, is BonChon CDO branch which is set to open in Centrio Ayala Mall (1st Level, Garden Area) on November 28, 2014! BonChon CDO will be the 4th branch in Mindanao (2 in Davao and 1 in GenSan).
Looking at the yummy menu above (ugh! the soy garlic, spicy or honey citrus chicken are irresistible!). You don’t want to miss BonChon CDO’s opening this Nov. 28. Why? Well aside from the great menu BonChon offers, the first customers will be qualified to receive FREEBIES! The restaurant will most definitely open in the afternoon since a private function will be held in the morning where BonChon Philippines Managing Director Scott Tan himself will be attending.
Check out BonChon’s Menu HERE so you already know what to have when you visit the place.
Calling all amateur bands in Northern Mindanao who are looking into sharing their talent/composition and get the chance to win cash prize at the same time. Philippine Information Agency Northern Mindanao launched the KaligKasan Band Search which aims to:
- Reach out and gain the interest and support of the young market vis-à-vis environment protection and conservation.
- Help weaken public’s apathy to climate change concerns by providing venue of opportunities for young and undiscovered talents in the music industry.
- Encourage young and undiscovered songwriters to compose original, environmentally-motivated music.
- Popularize adaptation and mitigation measures in response to climate change.
If your band meet the requirements below, head to Philippine Information Agency 10 office at Grace Bldg., Mabulay Subd.A. Luna St. Cagayan de Oro City to submit your application and entry.
- The search is open to amateur bands who have NOT signed up with any recording studio.
- The band must submit one original full song composition highlighting the theme “Nagbabago na ang Panahon, Panahon na para Magbago”.
- It must not exceed four minutes and editable to 30-60 seconds for radio and TV airing
- The entry may be written in Filipino, English or a combination of both.
- All entries must be submitted personally by any of the band member’s representative, together with duly filled-up application form with the signature of the band leader or designated representative, demo CD, and members’ profile on or before November 30, 2014.
Criteria for Judging:
|Originality and Creativity(songwriting style, technique, skill)
|Lyrics(emotional appeal, message appropriateness to theme)
|Overall Appeal(suitability as recording and environmental advocacy)
Awarding ceremonies will be on or before 15th of December 2014. Contact the following for more details/information:
Jorie Valcorza – 0917-3084975
Bhong Carabanes – 0917-3084975
Philippine Information Agency 10 – 726-683 / 858-8178
Download your application HERE and make sure to submit it personally to PIA NorthMin Office.