“Eats More Fun in Kumbira” is this year’s theme of Kumbira an annual culinary competition and show in Cagayan de Oro by COHARA (CAGAYAN DE ORO HOTEL AND RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION), one of Kagay-an Festival‘s grand event. This usually happens every August, CdeO’s fiesta month. This year, the competition will be on August 15, 16 & 17, 2012 at the Atrium of Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City.
Kumbira 2012 Official Poster – Click here to see source and more information
This new concept of Kumbira will feature the following:
- KUMBIRA ACTION! – Inter-active booth allowing kumbira visitors to listen to a short demo and do hands-on activities; Booth will feature: a) Fruit & Vegetable Carving & Knife Skills; b) Cake Decorating c) Coffee Barista;
- KUMBIRA SHOWCASE – a professional culinary display of various gourmet dishes prepared by member- establishments as mentored by renowned chef-judges;
- WINNING IS FUN! – Culinary live competitions – professional and student categories;
- LEARNING IS MORE FUN – Seminars on Food, Beverage, and Hospitality;
- KUMBIRA EATS – food selling featuring specialties of different member-establishments;
- HELPING IS FUN! – A COHARA & FRIENDS Corner featuring display of various Kumbira souvenir items, wares and items from hotels and restaurants that will be displayed for silent auction. All proceeds will be for livelihood projects of Typhoon Sendong relocation communities;
- KUMBIRA MOMENTS – a photo competition.
- TRADE EXHIBIT
You can still join! visit, their official Website for more information about the event.