Calling all amateur bands in Northern Mindanao who are looking into sharing their talent/composition and get the chance to win cash prize at the same time. Philippine Information Agency Northern Mindanao launched the KaligKasan Band Search which aims to:
- Reach out and gain the interest and support of the young market vis-à-vis environment protection and conservation.
- Help weaken public’s apathy to climate change concerns by providing venue of opportunities for young and undiscovered talents in the music industry.
- Encourage young and undiscovered songwriters to compose original, environmentally-motivated music.
- Popularize adaptation and mitigation measures in response to climate change.
If your band meet the requirements below, head to Philippine Information Agency 10 office at Grace Bldg., Mabulay Subd.A. Luna St. Cagayan de Oro City to submit your application and entry.
- The search is open to amateur bands who have NOT signed up with any recording studio.
- The band must submit one original full song composition highlighting the theme “Nagbabago na ang Panahon, Panahon na para Magbago”.
- It must not exceed four minutes and editable to 30-60 seconds for radio and TV airing
- The entry may be written in Filipino, English or a combination of both.
- All entries must be submitted personally by any of the band member’s representative, together with duly filled-up application form with the signature of the band leader or designated representative, demo CD, and members’ profile on or before November 30, 2014.
Criteria for Judging:
|Originality and Creativity(songwriting style, technique, skill)||30%|
|Lyrics(emotional appeal, message appropriateness to theme)||30%|
|Overall Appeal(suitability as recording and environmental advocacy)||10%|
Awarding ceremonies will be on or before 15th of December 2014. Contact the following for more details/information:
Jorie Valcorza – 0917-3084975
Bhong Carabanes – 0917-3084975
Philippine Information Agency 10 – 726-683 / 858-8178
Download your application HERE and make sure to submit it personally to PIA NorthMin Office.